Fish fillets are one of the tastiest and easiest meats to prepare when looking for a quick starter or an accompaniment for a simple home-cooked meal. Fish fillet recipes can be made in various ways using simple ingredients. Vetki is a popular fish used to prepare delicious fillet-based dishes within minutes. The fish is generously marinated with spices and then coated with egg and breadcrumbs before frying. Here is a quick and easy Vetki fish recipe you must try!
What is Vetki Fish – Is Vetki a Sea Fish?
Vetki, also referred to as Bhetki, Khajura, Bekkut, Dadhara, Asian Sea Bass, Koliji, Gariyu, Chonok, Narimeen, Pandu-Kopah, Keduwa and Barramundi, is a delicious fish that has few bones and a mild flavour. It is a great favourite for all fish lovers. A sea fish, Vetki is popular in Thai, Australian and Goan cuisines. This delicious fish can be steamed, fried, or even prepared as fish fingers as the ultimate appetiser. The fish can be cooked with simple ingredients to make a truly yummy dish. With its mild and gentle flavour, Vetki fish is one of the best fish to use for a quick snack!
How to Cook Vetki Fish?
Vetki is a fleshy fish with minimal bones. The flesh of the fish is white, soft, and delicious. There are many different recipes for Vetki fish preparation that you can find. It can be marinated with spices, coated with egg or breadcrumbs, and fried to perfection. The fish can also be shredded and shaped into cutlets along with some spices for a super easy appetiser.
Order Licious Bhetki
To prepare this easy Bhetki fish fillet recipe, order our Licious Sea Bass (Barramundi/Bhetki) fillet. Neatly cut and cleaned by experts, our boneless fillets come hygienically packed and are delivered to your doorstep. Succulent and lean, you can try out different recipes using this versatile fleshy, delicious cut.
At Licious, we offer a wide range of fish cuts ideal for making all kinds of seafood recipes. Our seafood and fish are sourced daily from approved fishing boats. We ensure the fish stays fresh by maintaining steady temperature controls between 0-4℃ at every stage.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 7-8 pieces of Licious Sea Bass Fillet
- 1 medium onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt - to taste
- In a blender, grind the onion, ginger, garlic cloves, and green chillies to a fine paste adding 2 to 3 tbsp water for a smooth paste.
- Add the ground mix, black pepper powder, lemon juice, and salt to a bowl and mix well.
- Apply the masala evenly to the fish fillets to marinate well. Leave to marinate for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Crack two eggs and ¼ tsp salt in a bowl and beat well.
- Take 1 cup of breadcrumbs and ¼ tsp salt on a plate. Mix well.
- Take the Vetki fish fillets, dip each piece into the beaten eggs, and then evenly coat them with the breadcrumbs.
- Keep them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the Vetki fish fillets from the freezer and drop each piece slowly in hot oil.
- Slow down the heat and fry the fillets on medium heat till done.
Make this yummy, crispy Vetki fish fillet recipe for any occasion to enjoy with family and friends. Order fresh Sea Bass Fillet from our website to prepare this delicious Vetki fish fillet recipe. We know you will love making this dish. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!