The Kothu Parotta is a flavor-packed, wholesome dish that serves as a meal in itself. Although it finds its origin in the island country of Sri Lanka, the Kothu Parotta has made its way to the daily diets of mainland Tamilians. Infused with local Indian spices and juicy chicken, this dish has made its way into our hearts.
- 150 gms Ready To Cook Chicken 65 shredded
- 20 gms ginger sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Green Chilies chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 whole onions chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 whole Tomatoes chopped
- 1 egg scrambled
- 1 tsp Red Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 6 Parottas cut or torn into pieces
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
- Salt - to taste
- To begin, grind the ginger, garlic and green chillies together to form a paste.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute for a few minutes, followed by the ginger-garlic-green chilies paste and garam masala.
- Saute the mixture till onions turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are mushy.
- Next, add chili powder, fennel powder, coriander powder and salt, combine well and cook for about a minute.
- To the mixture, add the scrambled eggs and the shredded chicken and mix well. Cook for about a minute.
- At this point, add shredded parottas, combine well and continue cooking while stirring well.
- Lastly, add curry leaves.
- Remove from heat, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.