Coconut Mutton Curry has captured every meat lover’s heart. It brings juicy mutton pieces swirling in coconut curry base, which ensures a spicy flavourful experience. You too can cook this dish for an elaborate dinner spread or lazy Sunday lunch plan. All you need is simple kitchen ingredients and a zest for spicy food. We bet that this fulfilling coconut mutton curry won’t let you down! So, keep on reading to know more.
Buy Rich Goat Curry Cut online on Licious. Explore our website for other fresh red meat options in lamb or goat cuts such as goat ribs, lamb legs, soup bones and more! Prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||3 hours with marination|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 tbsp Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 500 gms mutton cut into curry sized pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Curry leaves
- 2 -3 small onions finely sliced
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk thick
- leaves Coriander
- salt to taste
For the coconut curry
- Wash the mutton pieces in a bowl and pat them dry. Then add the marination ingredients to it, such as yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder and turmeric. Mix it all together and set it aside. Let it marinate for two hours.
- Place a deep-bottomed pan on medium heat and add oil to it. Now, add the whole spices, red chilli powder, garam masala, curry leaves, salt and chopped onion to the pan. Stir fry this mix until the onion turns golden-brown.
- Add the marinated mutton to the pan and stir-fry on high heat for five minutes. Then, turn the flame to low and let the mutton cook thoroughly until the fat starts to separate. Now, add tomatoes to the mixture and cook it for a few minutes. Then, add a cup of water and let it simmer for a while. Lastly, add coconut milk to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Bring the curry to a boil and garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve it hot with roti or steamed ghee rice.
Recipe Tip Marinate your mutton overnight to make it tender and juicy. Share your version of this recipe Have a unique way of cooking Coconut Mutton Curry? We would love to know it. Don’t forget to share your recipe with us! Frequently Asked Questions How long does the coconut mutton curry last in the fridge? The coconut mutton curry lasts for around three days in the fridge, when stored in an air-tight container. Can I prepare the coconut mutton curry in a pressure-cooker? Yes, you can prepare the coconut mutton curry in a pressure-cooker.