Steamed chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet. In this blog post, we will explore how to steam chicken, the benefits of steaming chicken, and how to make steamed momos with this easy steamed chicken recipe.
How To Steam Chicken?
Steaming chicken is an oil-free way to prepare it. Here’s how to make steamed chicken:
– Place a steamer basket in a large pot or wok.
– Add enough water until it reaches the bottom of the basket.
– Bring the water to a boil.
– Place the chicken pieces in the basket, making sure they’re not touching each other.
– Cover the pot or wok with a lid and steam for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
This is pretty much the basic step in all steamer chicken recipes. Due to its simplicity, Indian steamed chicken is a staple in many households, used for making curries, fries, and more.
What Are The Benefits Of Steamed Chicken?
There are many benefits of steamed chicken. Primarily, steamed chicken is very versatile, as it can be used in a variety of dishes such as salads, sandwiches, pasta, stir-fries, and more.
Here are some of the other benefits:
– Steaming cooks food gently, so it doesn’t destroy the nutrients like other methods such as frying. This means that you get all the goodness from the chicken.
– It is easy to cook chicken in this manner. Simply put your chicken in a steamer basket or on a rack over some boiling water and leave it to cook. There’s no need to constantly check on it or turn it to avoid overcooking.
So if you are following the best steamers recipe or food steamer recipes off the internet, be sure to add chicken to the mix to give a unique twist to the recipe.
Why Use Licious Chicken Mince?
Licious Chicken Mince is perfect for those who want to enjoy the benefits of steaming without all the hassle. Tender Chicken Breasts are expertly minced into fine grain, making them extremely easy to steam and use in a variety of recipes. This is why they are the perfect addition to Indian steamed recipes. The convenience also makes it a perfect addition to meatballs or pot pies.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 packet of Licious Chicken Mince
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Wonton wrappers as required
- To make the filling, mix the chicken mince, salt, pepper, onion powder and olive oil in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, water, cornstarch and baking soda. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- To assemble the momos, place a wonton wrapper in your palms. Place one tablespoon of filling into the centre of the wrapper. Fold up the sides of the wrapper to enclose the filling. Seal it shut with a little water. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Now, take a steamer and fill it up with water until it is just below the steam rack. Place the assembled, uncooked momos on a steam rack such that they don’t touch the water.
- Allow the momos to be cooked in the steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
So if you have ever wondered if there are steamed momos available somewhere closeby, then know that you can make it easily from the comfort of your home. And if you're feeling adventurous, why not try your hand at making steamed momos? They're sure to be a hit with the whole family. All of Licious’s meat and seafood products are certified for their quality and freshness. So rest assured that they are never frozen. Order now!