Looking for something different to add to your seafood repertoire? Check out these sweet and sour fish recipes! From classics like Chinese style sweet and sour to more unique combinations like pineapple and fish, there’s sure to be a dish that appeals to your taste buds. So what are you waiting for? Get started!
What is Sweet and Sour Fish?
There are many different types of sweet and sour fish dishes, but they all have one key ingredient in common: fish. The fish is usually battered and fried, then coated in a sweet and sour sauce. This dish is popular in Chinese cuisine and can be served with rice or noodles. Sweet and sour fish is a delicious way to enjoy seafood and is often considered a healthier option than other fried foods.
What Type Of Fish To Use?
As a general rule, fish that’s firm and tender and has a layer of fat has the best taste. In addition, we would suggest a red snapper but seabass, trout or perch are all great options as well. You also need the perfect fillet to make a great sweet and sour fish. The thinner the fillet, the better it will turn out – because you’ll need less oil and it will crisp up better.
1. Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season flour with salt and pepper, then coat the fish in the flour.
3. Fry fish in hot oil until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat.
5. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened about 5 minutes.
6. Add pineapple chunks to the sauce and remove from heat.
7. Serve fish with pineapple sauce on top.
There's no doubt that sweet and sour fish is a delicious dish, but it's also one that takes some time and effort to make. However, the results are worth it – sweet and sour fish is a flavorful, hearty meal that will leave you feeling satisfied. Licious Red Snapper Boneless Cubes are the perfect fit for any sweet and sour fish recipe. You not only get the best prices but also the best quality as Licious fish cuts are caught daily and delivered within 24 hours. So if you're looking for something new to try in the kitchen, Order now and give this dish a shot. You won't be disappointed.