Believed to be an innovation by Chinese immigrants in the US, Chop Suey has become a distinctive dish in all top restaurants.
And you know what the best part about making chop suey is?
Well, you can use any Chop Suey ingredients available and innovate a lot on the ingredients in preparing a Chop Suey at home.
Chop Suey is a recipe blending all odds and ends into a stir-fry of delicate protein-rich chicken and crisp veggies coated in a delectable sauce. It’s a terrific way to mix what you already have in your fridge; the preparation procedure is fast and straightforward.
Although you may create chop suey with whichever chicken chop suey ingredients you like, you may use the recipe in this article as a reference for the standard Chop Suey recipe ingredients.
Best Chop Suey Recipe: factors to consider
There are a few factors that you may consider for creating the toothsome Chop Suey with chicken. Here are some of them:
- Set time aside for marination. The chicken will have the most beautiful texture when you allow enough time to tenderise.
- Vegetables are essential in chop suey stir-fries. They make the food more nutritious, balanced, aesthetically attractive with brilliant colours, and tasty with a crunchy texture.
- The chicken cut is equally essential if you wish to create Chop Suey with chicken strictly like your favourite Chinese restaurant.
Wondering how to obtain the perfect cut of chicken for Chop Suey? Read on to know how you can source the foremost ingredient of the chop suey recipe – high-quality, tender Chicken.
Homemade Chop Suey Recipe: Better Ingredients Taste Best
Do you love Chop Suey because of the tenderness and perfect crispiness of the chicken? Well, then you will be glad to know that you can have fresh, cut & cleaned chicken delivered right to your doorstep.
At Licious, our chickens are raised on a government-approved biosecure firm, given only vegetarian feed and chosen at the right weight and size for tender meat.
Our products go through 150+ quality checks, and the chicken is cut, cleaned and hygienically vacuum-packed by experts. To ensure freshness, we maintain constant temperature control between 0-4℃ at every stage, so your meats are never frozen.
For this recipe, we recommend our Chicken Mini Bites. They are bite-sized pieces of chicken breast that have been cut for convenience and can be used in chop-suey, pasta, pizza and more with zero prep!
To order fresh chicken which contains no hormones or antibiotic residue, click on the button below.
Now it’s time to make the recipe:
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
- 1 pack of Licious Chicken Mini Bites
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 freshly chopped green chilli
- 1- inch ginger chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 thinly-sliced capsicum
- 2-3 baby corn thinly sliced
- 1 Carrot thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- ½ tablespoon soya sauce
- ¼ cup of tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup of red chilli sauce
- ½ tsp powdered black pepper
- Water as required
- ½ teaspoons Sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons of corn-starch slurry
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander stem
- For Fried Noodles
- 2 cups boiled noodles
- pinch A of salt
- 1 tablespoon of corn-starch
- Spring onion
- Combine the boiled noodles, cornstarch, and salt in a mixing dish and coat everything thoroughly.
- Deep fry in heated oil until golden brown.
- Take out and set aside for later use.
- Heat the oil and sauté the green chilli, ginger, and garlic for 30 seconds in a wok.
- Add in onion, cabbage, carrot, capsicum, and baby corn and sauté for a minute on high heat.
- Add in your chicken pieces and cook until done.
- Then add the soy sauce and caramelise it over high heat for a minute.
- Once it is done, add the tomato ketchup, black pepper powder, red chilli sauce, water, and sugar, mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Then add the cornstarch slurry and coriander stems, thoroughly combine everything, keep boiling for a minute, and then turn off the flame.
- Serve hot on a dish with the fried noodles first, followed by the sauce and garnished with spring onion.
If this has made you hungry, order our Chicken Mini Bites and get cooking. Remember to snap a few photos and share them with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious!