With Bakrid around the corner, it’s time to plan for the big day. Bakrid or Eid-ul-Adha is a popular Muslim festival that is celebrated in style all across the globe. It’s an important day when family and friends celebrate the occasion. Lavish meals and snacks are served to celebrate Bakrid. If you’re looking to prepare some tasty dishes for the grand day, you must check out this kali mirch ka gosht recipe that will make Bakrid even more special!
About the Dish
Kali mirch ka gosht is a dish usually cooked in homes during the cold season or when someone has a cold, cough, or fever. Kachi mirch ka gosht translates to black pepper (kali mirch) meat (gosht) in English.
But don’t be confused by the dish’s therapeutic appeal; it is equally party-worthy; since the dish is rich and creamy, it’s also perfect for grand occasions. In addition, the curry is given a lot of depth with the use of caramelised onions, peppercorns, and whole spices.
The yoghurt gives the dish its colour and creaminess. This gosht ki recipe is delicious and flavourful, making it an excellent choice for Bakrid this year. This gosht ki recipe is served hot with pulao or buttery parathas for a tasty meal!
Get your Rich Goat Curry Cut
If you’re wondering where to get the right mutton cuts for your black pepper mutton recipe, then simply visit the Licious website.
Our goats and lambs are pasture-raised on approved biosecure farms. Before reaching your doorstep, our meat is passed through 150+ safety and quality checks. All our seafood and meats are always fresh, never frozen.
Our expert meat technicians cut, clean, and trim the meat for you. We also ensure constant temperature controls to maintain the freshness of our products. Then, before delivery, your order is safely packed in vacuum-sealed packages and delivered to your doorstep. So, order your mutton cuts from Licious for your delicious kali mirch gosht recipe.
- 1 kg Licious Rich Goat Curry Cut
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 4 tsp Coriander Seeds roasted
- 1 3/4 tsp Cumin seeds roasted
- 1 1/2 tsp black peppercorn roasted
- Salt - to taste
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1 1/2 cup onions sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger chopped
- 6 Chillies
- 10 strands saffron
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 5 pods green cardamom
- 1 pod Black cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 mace
WHOLE GARAM MASALA:
- Dry roast the whole spices for a minute in a pan to bring out their intense flavour. Be very careful not to overdo this step. Next, pound them in a mortar and pestle or grind them in a blender to form a powder.
- Whisk the yoghurt in a large bowl with the pounded spices and salt. Add your mutton to this and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- THE SAFFRON: Soak the strands in 30ml of lukewarm water.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker; add the whole garam masala and sauté them over medium heat until they begin to crackle and release the aroma.
- Next, add the onions and sauté them until golden brown.
- Add the ginger, green chillies, and black peppercorns; sauté for a minute; and add the marinated mutton and any excess marinade.
- Now add the saffron and cream and bring to a boil. Adjust the seasoning and cover with the lid.
- Pressure cook for 7-8 whistles or until the meat is tender. Sprinkle in fennel powder, give it a good stir and remove from the heat.
Remove on a dish and serve with Indian bread of your choice or Pulao. Go ahead and make Bakrid special this year with this fantastic kali mirch ki gosht ka recipe! Order fresh mutton from our website and impress your family and friends. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!