There’s an endless list of chicken curries available on the internet. Each chicken gravy recipe boasts unique flavours and preparations that make them a personal favourite of many.
Adding spices, herbs, nuts, and essence gives the dishes distinct flavours. For example, one distinct flavour in spicy Indian gravy is delivered from a refreshing pudina chicken gravy recipe. As the name suggests, its primary ingredients include chicken as the protein and mint leaves as its base flavour.
At Licious, we offer the perfect chicken curry cut that is ideal for making Indian chicken curries, including a pudina chicken gravy recipe. Our chickens are raised on biosecure farms and contain no antibiotic residue or hormones.
Additionally, our meats undergo 150+ quality and food safety checks. The meat is cut by experts and vacuum-packed before being delivered to your doorstep.
So, what are you waiting for? Place your order now and get cooking!
What is Pudina Chicken or Mint Flavoured Chicken Curry?
Mint leaves are used in every country across the globe. They have different uses in food and beverages across regions and never fail to refresh us.
That is how mint leaves work when added to a chicken recipe as the base ingredient. The summer season welcomes an abundant growth of mint leaves, and this is one way to make the best use of this beautiful and refreshing herb.
This zingy and delightful herb offers a range of benefits even when added to chicken recipes. Some include:
- Some believe it aids in digestion.
- Consuming mint leaves during summer can refresh you.
Unlike the usual chicken masala gravy recipe that keeps the body lethargic after consumption, a pudina chicken gravy recipe will keep you refreshed and active.
|Prep Time||60 Minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 500 grams Licious Chicken Curry Cut
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 6 cloves largeof garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ¾ tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 cups Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
- Take a large bowl and add the chicken with yoghurt, garlic, ginger, chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix the ingredients well and marinate for 2 hours.
- Take a pan and add ghee.
- Once the ghee is heated, add cumin seeds and allow to splutter on medium heat.
- Add onions and chillies and stir until the onions turn light golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and stir the ingredients well for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chicken and roast the pieces with the added ingredients well.
- Add coriander powder and salt and allow the ingredients to cook covered for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the oil separates.
- Add water as per the gravy you desire and bring to boil.
- While the gravy is starting to boil, blend the mint leaves into a fine paste.
- Add the mint leaf paste to the chicken, stir well for 2 minutes, and turn off the stove.
- Garnish the chicken dish with 1 tbsp of chopped mint leaves (optional), lemon juice and a sprinkle of garam masala and stir well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, naan or chapatis.
Conclusion Enjoy this delicious and refreshing pudina chicken gravy recipe at home, and don’t forget to share a picture with us on Instagram using the hashtag #MadeWithLicious.