Are you on a hunt for exciting recipes that can spice up your family get-togethers? Why not try an amazing Sri Lankan recipe that will fill your stomach and satisfy your taste buds at the same time? As you dive into the ravishing flavours of Sri Lankan Chicken Curry, you get the chance to encounter the spicy flavours of Sri Lanka.
The curry also features a good quantity of coconut milk. In all, it is a must-try dish on your menu when you are planning a family get-together, your kid’s birthday party, or any meet and greets. Indeed, it is one of the most comforting recipes you and your loved ones can indulge in during lunch or dinner. We promise that once you try it, you will fall in love with it over and over again.
What is Sri Lankan Chicken Curry?
Sri Lankan Chicken Curry is one of the most diverse recipes cooked all around the world. Although it is a native of Sri Lanka, people globally love it for its authentic and unique blend of flavours. Some of the most commonly used ingredients include coconut milk, black pepper, garlic, onions, coriander leaves, and more. Besides this, several herbs are used to enhance the tangy flavour. To give a unique taste, these spices are roasted and further added to the gravy.
Licious Chicken Curry Cut
At Licious, we deliver high-quality, fresh chicken and other meats and seafood right to your doorstep. These are washed thoroughly using RO water and cut with precision y our experts before being hygienically vacuum sealed. At Licious, our chicken is sourced from biosecure farms, passed through 150+ safety and quality checks and contains no hormones or antibiotic residue. So, for your Sri Lankan Chicken Curry order our Chicken Curry Cut that can be used straight out of the pack with zero prep, today.
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 200 gm Licious Chicken Curry Cut
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ onion sliced
- 1- inch cinnamon stick
- 2 ½ tsp Sri Lankan curry powder or Indian Curry Powder
- 1 inch minced ginger
- 2 green capsicums sliced
- 7 leaves curry
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- Take a large saucepan, put it on medium heat and add some coconut oil to it.
- Add the onion, ginger, and garlic to the oil. Make sure you saute well.
- Add the Sri Lankan/Indian curry powder, chilli powder, curry leaves, pepper, cinnamon, and paprika. Saute and mix them all well.
- After some time, add the chicken curry pieces along with tomatoes, capsicum and sugar.
- Cook for a good 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of water and of coconut milk to the mixture.
- Let it simmer for some time.
- Once done, turn off the gas.
- For the best experience, serve it hot with naan.
Tips and Tricks
You can consider adding Kashmiri red mirch for enhanced colour.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Add a small amount of garam masala.
- Serve with roti, naan or rice.
If this got you craving authentic Sri Lankan Chicken Curry, then why wait? Try this delicious recipe at home. Share your version on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.