The easy chicken curry with coconut milk is one of the most delicious South Indian recipes you can make. It belongs to Kerala, the land of spices in India. It is a known fact that the cuisine of Kerala is renowned for its delectable taste, aroma, and richness, among other things. This chicken curry with coconut milk is no different. It has all the mouth-watering flavours of the state and the best part is that it is easy to make.
The coconut chicken curry recipe is perfect for elaborate Sunday dinners or any kind of social gathering. This recipe will not only delight your guests and family members but also help you gain a lot of accolades from everyone. If you’re looking for an easy chicken recipe to surprise your guests, then this is the one for you.
What is Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk? Interesting Facts
The easy chicken curry with coconut milk has all the qualities that make it a champ in South Indian cuisine. Originally from Kerala, this creamy chicken curry is an amalgamation of various spices, herbs, and vegetables. The spices used in the recipe are grounded fresh to give it the much-needed flavour and essence of Kerala. It adds to the aromatic side of this recipe.
The addition of coconut milk to the recipe makes the whole dish extremely delicious, juicy, and succulent. Coconut milk helps to temper the spices used in the curry, bringing in more noticeable flavours. The taste of coconut milk in the chicken curries is sure to evoke the taste of South India.
Chicken Curry Cut – Order Online From Licious
At Licious, we deliver fresh chicken curry cut pieces right to your doorstep. To maintain this freshness they’re stored between 0-4 °C at every stage and never frozen. The chicken also undergoes more than 150 quality checks. Furthermore, all our chicken is sourced from Biosecure farms. They’re free from antibiotics and hormones. Apart from that, the chicken pieces are washed thoroughly and cut to perfection by our experts before they are placed in tamper-free packaging and delivered to you. The curry cut pieces consist of both bone-in and boneless pieces. They are ideal for all types of curries.
If you want to order chicken curry cut pieces, you can tap on the button below.
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 500 gms Licious Chicken Curry Cut Pieces
- 3 Red chillies
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 ½ piece of ginger ground into a paste
- 1-2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 cloves of Garlic ground into a paste
- 3 onions sliced
- 3 green chillies
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 3-4 Curry leaves
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Salt as required
- Take a pan and roast the dry and whole spices, including red chillies, coriander seeds, pepper, mustard seeds, fenugreek, and cumin seeds.
- Add cinnamon sticks and then let the roasted spices cool down.
- Now, grind them into a fine powder.
- Take a wok and heat some oil to it. Now, add ginger, garlic cloves, green chillies, and onion to the oil.
- Cook well till they turn light brown.
- Now, add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- To the mixture, add the masala powder prepared earlier. Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt, and stir. Add curry leaves as well.
- Once done, close it with a lid and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Open the lid, stir the curry, and add half of the coconut milk to the mixture.
- Close the lid again.
- Check after 5-10 minutes when the chicken is tender. Add the remaining coconut milk. Stir well.
- Let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Do not take the chicken off the heat till it is completely tender. It can take more time than stated above. Cook at your own pace.
- Remove from heat and serve hot!
Tips and Tricks
- Do not use excessive oil.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked well before you add the second batch of coconut milk.
- Serve with roti, paratha, or naan.
- Serve alongside boondi raita or curd.
If you loved reading about this recipe, then you should try making this dish at home. Make sure to share your version with us on Instagram by using the hashtag #MadeWithLicious, we’d love to see you take on the dish.