Chicken Kothu Parotta is a popular street food dish in South India. It’s a quick and easy dish made with soft, crispy, and shredded chicken. You could either use leftover chicken from a previously cooked gravy or prepare chicken pieces and then shred them into bite-sized pieces. If you have leftover chicken gravy, you can add it to the dish for more flavour.
Chicken Kothu Parotta means minced or shredded parotta. It is a great recipe to prepare when you’re looking for a quick fix. This recipe is perfect even as a snack, as it’s a recipe that comes together in minutes. To make this dish quicker, you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time and then toss everything in a pan for a quick snack or light meal anytime at home. You could serve this recipe as a complete meal or even as a delicious side dish. This dish can be prepared as a yummy tiffin snack as well.
If you’re looking to try this easy Chicken Kothu Parotta recipe, here we’ve included the recipe for you. Make sure to check it out and give this recipe a try!
Buy Licious Chicken Leg Boneless Cubes
To prepare this delicious Chicken Kothu Parotta recipe, we recommend our Licious Chicken Leg Boneless Cubes. Juicy and tender, these pieces are cut from the chicken thigh and leg. The best part about this cut is that it remains juicy for a long time without drying out. With these cuts, you can prepare a wide range of dishes like fry-ups, grills, curries, and even roasts.
Our Licious chicken is humanely raised in restricted biosecurity zones and their food is strictly monitored. 100% free of antibiotic residue and hormones, all our products go through 150+ safety and quality checks to ensure you get the best delivered to your home. Our expert meat technicians cut, clean, and hygienically vacuum-pack the meat, making it ready to use! To maintain freshness, our products are never frozen, and we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃ at every stage.
So, order our Licious Chicken Leg Boneless Cubes to make this easy Kothu Parotta dish at home.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 150 grams of cooked and shredded chicken (you can use any leftover cooked chicken pieces as well)
- ½ cup leftover chicken curry (optional)
- 5 parottas torn and shredded
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 diced Tomato
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt - to taste
- On a tawa, toast the parottas until crispy. Shred into bite-sized pieces and keep aside.
- In a bowl, shred the freshly cooked or leftover chicken pieces and keep them aside.
- In a large pan, heat oil. Add the finely chopped onions, and green chillies and sauté.
- Next, add in the ginger-garlic paste and stir.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. Mix and sauté well until the raw smell goes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and stir until soft.
- Break two eggs, and add in the salt. Stir the eggs well until cooked completely.
- Add the shredded parotta and mix till well combined.
- Next, add the shredded chicken and chicken curry (if using), and stir well. Mash and mince the chicken and egg well for about two to three minutes till the parotta absorbs the flavours.
- Add the squeezed lime juice and combine well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Order our fresh chicken leg boneless cubes from our website to cook this delicious Chicken Kothu Parotta recipe. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!