A classic and fuss-free take on rice, the chicken fried rice is an easy weekday or weekend meal prepared with the simplest of ingredients like leftover rice, onions, carrots, beans and of course, chicken. We have a quick and authentic recipe for you today which is a must-try! It will no doubt become your new favourite.
The Origin of Fast Food Chicken Fried Rice
Originating in Greater China, chicken fried rice is now loved by people everywhere around the world. It is one of the interesting ways to blend vegetables, rice and chicken and create a healthy, filling and enjoyable meal. Also, a fried rice recipe is a great way to utilize leftovers – rice, the last few beans, the last carrot etc. So, say no to food wastage while cleaning out the fridge, make this recipe instead.
Order Fresh Chicken Mini Bites for Fried Rice Online from Licious
At Licious, we’re all about creating cuts that are convenient, easy and serve a clear purpose. So, what is and why do make our Chicken Mini Bites? From the name, you have probably guessed, these are bite-sized pieces. Our expert meat technicians create this cut using cleaned boneless chicken breast pieces. They are cut specifically for dishes like fried rice, pasta, pizza, stir-fries and more, where you need small pieces of meat.
What’s more, Licious chickens are raised on biosecure farms and contain no antibiotic residue or hormones. Additionally, they are selected at the right weight and size for tender meat. Aside from cutting the meat, our meat technicians also clean it thoroughly, so you don’t have to. Use the meat straight out of the pack upon arrival.
So, click the button below to order and get started with this delectable chicken fried rice recipe.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 cup rice
- 500 gms Licious Chicken Mini Bites
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 finely chopped red chillies
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onion
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- Cooking oil as required
- Boil the rice with 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tsp of salt (You could also use leftover rice).
- Drain the rice and rinse it under cold water.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat cooking oil.
- Season chicken mini bites with pepper and salt on both sides and cook until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, on a medium-high flame add more oil and heat it.
- Saute the garlic and onions until they turn light brown.
- Add the chicken mini bites and mix well by stir-frying.
- Add vinegar, chilli sauce and soya sauce and then blend well.
- Now add the rice and stir well.
- Transfer the spicy chicken fried rice to a bowl.
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onions and serve hot.
Easy Chicken Fried Recipes Tips
- Want to take the flavour quotient of chicken fried rice to the next level? Use the following tips.
- Soaking the rice in water for half an hour before boiling will enhance the aroma and flavour of the chicken fried rice.
- Marinating the chicken in black pepper and salt for at least 20 minutes will boost the flavour of this chicken fried rice recipe.
- Using butter instead of oil will add more flavour.
- Add a few more varieties of veggies such as peas, zucchini, sliced cabbage and carrots to boost the nutrition quotient and crunch.
- You can also add scrambled eggs. Pre-scramble the egg, set it aside and add it towards the end of the recipe.
- Add a little Chinese five-spice powder to further enhance the rice's flavour. This blend of peppercorns, star anise, fennel seeds, cloves, and cinnamon will give a warm spiciness to the whole dish.
- When using leftover rice to prepare chicken fried rice, sprinkle 2 tbsp of water over it to maintain its moistness while reheating it in the microwave.
Next time you experience a chicken fried rice craving, order chicken mini bites online from Licious and make this recipe. Share your unique version of this chicken fried recipe using #MadeWithLicious on Instagram and you could win Licious Cash.