Curries are an absolute favourite in India. You can come across a plethora of curries in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian versions. In fact, some curries are a little dry and some have good water content. Mutton curry is one such form of curry that is savoured in most Indian houses and there are a variety of ways to prepare the same. One variety is Mutton Gosht Recipe with coconut that’s rich, spicy and full of flavours.
Popularly known as Narial Ka Gosht, this delectable mutton recipe is simply magical! It is dominated by a series of aromatic spices and coconut that are blended with tender lamb meat. The addition of desi ghee adds to the aroma of this scrumptious mutton dish that is enjoyed with naan, chapatti, and even rice. The thick masala curry with meat is slowly cooked to get the lamb or mutton pieces tender. Many people also love to relish this dish as an appetiser and it makes for the perfect recipe to enjoy on special occasions and weekends with family and friends.
Making this mutton curry recipe is best with the use of Lamb Leg Boneless meat. And at Licious, we aim to help you in making your favourite lamb dishes with utmost ease. The boneless lamb meat is neatly cut into medium-sized portions so you can enjoy bite-sized pieces.
Lamb meat is rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals and they are exceptionally high in flavour. It is perfect for curries as well as grilled dishes. The meat is sourced directly from government-approved partners that pass through 150+ quality checks. The meat is cut and cleaned and throughout this process, its temperature-controlled at 0-4 degrees Celsius to maintain its texture. So, order your Licious Lamb Leg Boneless and get it delivered.
East Indian Coconut Mutton Curry: Origin, Recipe And More
With the influence of Mughal cuisine, mutton or lamb curries became highly popular in eastern Indian states such as West Bengal and Bihar. The preparation uses a variety of spices that are slowly cooked with the meat offering some unique flavours. However, with the popularity of the curries slowly growing, you can also find some amazing Gosht recipes in other states, such as this coconut version in Kerala. The hot and spicy mutton dish is enjoyed with the local parotta or rice. Along with coconut, you can also find dishes that include jackfruit and more.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- Cuisine: Indian
- Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- 1 kg of Licious Lamb Leg Boneless
- 1 cups ½of fresh coconut grated
- 6 Medium onions sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- tsp ½garlic paste
- 2- inch ginger finely chopped
- 5 green chillies chopped
- 4 tbsp oil
- 6 green cardamoms
- 1 Black cardamom
- 6 cloves
- 1- inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Fennel seed powder
- 4 Kashmiri dry red chillies
- 15-20 Curry leaves
- Salt as required
- Guided Gosht Ki Recipe to make at home
- Take a deep pan and heat the oil.
- Add the green and black cardamoms along with cinnamon, cloves, Kashmiri red chillies and bay leaf. Allow them to splutter.
- Add garlic paste and ginger and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and cook till it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger and green chillies and continue to cook till the onions turn a golden colour.
- Add chilli powder, curry leaves, and coconut. Saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and salt and cook till the oil separates. Ensure to stir continuously.
- Add the lamb meat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and allow to cook in simmer till the meat is tender and the gravy thickens.
- Add fennel powder and give a good stir.
- Garnish with more fresh grated coconut and serve hot!
Nariyal Ka Gosht is a refreshing and delicious mutton dish to make at home without hassle. To make this recipe, order your Lamb Leg Boneless meat from Licious online and get them home-delivered.