Authentic recipes are always a popular choice when you’re looking to cook something different. It’s a great choice for the weekends when the whole family can sit together to enjoy a delicious traditional meal. When it comes to Indian cuisine, there are a wide variety of authentic recipes that one could try.
Here, we share a traditional village-style chicken curry recipe from the state of Andhra Pradesh. It’s called Natu Kodi Kura. It’s a delicious recipe that you could try whenever you’re craving something spicy and authentic. Follow the step-by-step recipe for the best authentic flavour and taste.
What Is Natu Kodi Kura?
Natu Kodi Kura is a popular country chicken curry recipe that is part of Andhra cuisine. Natu Kodi, meaning country chicken is a rich gravy made with different spices. The typical village-style recipe is cooked on a wood fire in mud pots. All the ingredients are mixed and slow-cooked to perfection for a delicious, smoky flavour.
Natu Kodi is enjoyed with minapa garelu, also known as medu vada. However, you can also have it with rice or roti as well. For that authentic taste, it’s important to use country chicken and not broiler chicken. For this recipe, you can choose to cut the chicken either into small pieces or larger-sized pieces.
Buy Licious Chicken Curry Cut
To cook this authentic Natu Kodi Kura recipe, try our Licious Chicken Curry Cut. It comes with a mix of white and dark meat. It includes two legs, two breast quarters with a backbone, and two wings without the tip. The meat has a juicy and rich flavour with a smooth, tender, and moderate to firm texture. The package includes both bone-in and boneless curry cut pieces.
Our chicken curry cut is obtained from healthy chickens raised on biosecure farms. All our products go through 150+ safety and quality checks. Our chickens have no antibiotic residue and are cut & cleaned by experts. They are then temperature-controlled between 0-4℃, right to your doorstep for maximum freshness. The chicken is hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages and delivered to your doorstep. You can now enjoy your favourite curry recipes with our fresh chicken curry cut!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- For the spice paste
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Guntur chilli powder
- tbsp ½grated coconut
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 to 7 ginger slices
- 6 to 7 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- A little bit of water
- For the chicken
- 7 pieces to 8of country chicken
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- tsp ½turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp of oil
- For the base
- Few curry leaves
- 4 green chillies
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 cups ½of water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp to 4oil
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- In a pan, add the poppy seeds, coriander seeds, Guntur chilli powder, coconut, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder and salt. Dry roast all the ingredients well.
- In a mortar and pestle, add the roasted ingredients and grind with a little water to form a paste. Keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat some oil. Add the chicken pieces and sear. Add turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add a little water and cook for about four to five whistles.
- In a pot or wok, add oil, curry leaves, green chillies, and onions. Sauté until the onions are soft and brown.
- Add the cooked chicken and the spice paste. Sauté for about three to four minutes.
- Add water, salt and garam masala. Allow the gravy to simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Order our Chicken Curry Cut from our website to cook this scrumptious Natu Kodi Chicken recipe. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!